Sunday, December 13, 2009

Ants, Revenge and Marcus

Last saturday evening was a complete no fun time for little Marcus, in school he got scolded for not wearing the house jersey, on playground he got trashed by Pappu akka The King and during long recess he found that his Mom has given him bitter gourd in lunch box. Frustrated with all this, he was thinking of taking the revenge. But he was unable to find anything which would become victim of his revenge.

Back at home, he was not interested in playing cricket nor was interested in talking with his best sweet friend. All he had in mind was of revenge. But revenge of what? on whom? and why? he din't knew. So he thought of talking his confusion with his Grandma, but afraid that she might spill his secrets to his Mom and Dad, he avoid her and went straight to the little church outside his housing society.

At church he sat on a farthest bench away from light with his head resting on the bench and was planning to take a revenge. But his open eyes failed to get him any thoughts on the revenge and all he could see a ant on his bench roaming directionless. He kept looking at the ant and slowly he was entered in the world of ants to help the lost ant.

"Hello, I am Marcus, can I help you?"

"Marcus? what is that?"

"Marcus, my name."

"Oh h! We ants don't have any names."

"Then how your friends call you?"

"We don't have any friends and now you spot bugging me I have some work to do"

"But you seemed to be lost?"

"Yes I am lost and that what I am doing I am finding scent of my colleagues which will lead back to my house"

"And, how did you get lost?"

"Oh h! I was trying to catch a insect and in the pursuit I lost the contact with my colleagues and now it seems that I wont be able to get back to my house"

"And can I be of any to you to find your lost house"

"Yes, by keeping quite and getting out of my way"

Marcus, felt sad again by being neglected and went and sat the edge of the bench. By this time he had lost the thought of revenge and was feeling sorry for the poor ant.

"Help, help... someone please help"

Marcus saw the lost ant being bullied by two another ants and he set running towards the lost ant.

"Hey, kid you stay away from this" threatened the other two ants.

"You better stay away" roared Marcus.

And that set the stage for the great fight between Marcus and two ants.

The big ant among them came charging towards Marcus and Marcus also set running towards him and as he approached the big ant, he took out pencil from his pocket and hit it on the head of charging ant and the ant died instantly, bring great relief and satisfaction for the Marcus. The other bully ant look at the Marcus and pencil set running for his life. The lost ant thanked Marcus for saving her.

"Marcus, Marcus, what are you doing here?"

Looking you he found his dad fuming at him and before he realizes anything he finds himself grabbed and pulled by him Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment